ENDANGERED HERITAGE PLATFORM
The ENDANGERED HERITAGE PLATFORM will be initiated as part of an interdisciplinary project activity of the Archives of Vojvodina as a special online project dedicated to topics that deal with the endangered movable and immovable cultural heritage as well as with the destruction of cultural heritage in modern society and its political context.
The concept of the project is of experimental nature and will be carried out in cooperation with several institutions, as well as individuals in the fields of archival sciences, history, art history, architecture, anthropology, sociology, archaeology and culturology.
The concept of the platform is comprised of several parts:
- News – A category where news are published, which deal with material and immaterial cultural heritage that has been endangered, or to be more specific the information that is connected to different aspects of the endangered cultural monuments and cultural heritage as a whole.
- Endangerment of archival records – A category where short reviews are published that deal with physical, chemical, biological as well as human factors that harm archival records.
- Professional commentaries and analysis – Represents a category where different scientific-popular articles are published as well as professionally written texts that deal with different aspects of the monumental heritage on the territory of the Republic of Serbia, the region, as well as the most important cultural monuments that have been devastated and that bare the mark of a world cultural heritage, or more precisely a civilizational heritage.
- A thematic whole – Represents a category dedicated to mapping different locations, meaning mapping cultural monuments that have been exposed to different natural and sociopolitical factors that have endangered them. In a geographical sense, or rather in the sense of where they are located, this category has been divided into several thematic parts:
- Endangered and devastated archaeological locations on the territory of the Republic of Serbia and the problem of ”archaeological” criminal activity.
- Endangerment of cultural heritage with Serbian ethnic attribution on the territory of the AP Kosovo and Metohija.
- Endangerment of cultural heritage with Serbian ethnic attribution on the territory of the Republic of Croatia.
- Destroyed and endangered heritage with a Yugoslav sign (monuments of the People’s Liberation War/People’s Liberation Struggle) on the territory of the Republic of Croatia.
- Diminishing and destroyed Jewish cultural heritage on the territory of the AP Vojvodina.
- Diminishing and destroyed sacred cultural heritage on the territory of the AP Vojvodina.
- Disapperance of immaterial cultural heritage on the territory of the Republic of Serbia and the possibility of revitalization.
The project leader is the Archvies of Vojvodina while the partner organizations with regard to its realization are the Serbian Archaeological Society, the Institute of Ethnography of the Serbian Academy of Science and Arts and the Department for Geography, Tourism and Hotel Management of the Faculty of Science of the University of Novi Sad.